On this tuktuk tour we will show you the beauty of Bangkok by night and visit some of the famous and not so famous temples, markets and food
The highlights of this tour are:
- See Bangkok's famous sites by night
- Experience the thrills of riding in a tuktuk
- Taste Bangkok's legendary food
Price: Join in tour: From 1850THB per person (from Nov 1 price is 1950THB per person)
Private tour: Price on Demand
Duration: The tour starts at 7:00pm and will last approximately 4 hours
Request Private Tour
Bangkok is a city that never sleeps. Its nightlife is legendary, but many of the most beautiful parts of the city are often overlooked at night. On this Bangkok night tour we will travel by tuk tuk to explore Bangkok's markets, temples and food, under the night lights. Seeing the sites at night brings out the true excitement, beauty and mystery of the city.
We will visit places that most tourists only visit during the daytime including some of Bangkok's most famous temples, such as Wat Pho. We will walk through local Bangkok night markets including the 24-hour Flower market where the vivid colours come alive under the fluorescent lights, at a time when flowers are starting to get delivered. We will surprise you with places you may have never heard of.
Finally there is the food and at night time the streets are alive with food vendors. As we go we will stop to sample some of the best food in the city, whether it be random snacks along the way, some of the cities best noodles, or a surprise dessert stop. You will not go hungry so no need to eat beforehand! There are also vegetarian food options available throughout.
For most of the tour we will get around by TukTuk and while we can not promise it, we will hopefully encounter very little traffic. The tour will finish by 11:30pm for those who want to get the full night experiences still have time to check out more of the diverse nightlife.
We consider this tour a cultural tour with food. For more adventurous eaters who want a tour which is more focused on food please check out our Evening Food and Tuk Tuk Adventure which launches on Sept 16.
Minimum Age: There is a minimum age of 12 years old for this tour. For families with small children we encourage a private tour or consider our Family Canal and Tuk Tuk Adventure.
Guide, food and drinks, transport during the tour, insurances
Pick up / drop off from hotels, tips, alcoholic drinks
- Main stops: Klong San Market, Wat Prayoon, The Giant Swing, Wat Pho*, The Flower Market, dinner at a local restaurant, ... plus a few suprises. (*Please note that at night we can not see the reclining buddha at Wat Pho, so many customers also go during the day)
- Advanced booking is required.
- Maximum group size is 10 people on join in tours.
- The restaurants and food stores we eat at may vary from day to day depending on what's open. Especially on Mondays when a lot of street food place are closed we may vary our food stops
- This is an alcohol free tour and please be aware that it is illegal to drink in the tuk tuk. We reserve the right to stop the tour if drunken behaviour. We do provide soft drinks throughout the tour.
- The main mode of transport is tuktuk. Tuktuks are small fun vehicles that are open air. However, some people do find them noisy, hot and open to traffic fumes. This tour is at night when the temperature is lower and the tour has been designed to avoid traffic. We find most people enjoy it but are aware that some people will not. Also for people with less mobility getting in and out of a tuktuk can be harder but we will happily help those who have problems.
- Several of our tuk tuks now have transparent roofs. However, we can not guarantee every tuk tuk will have such a roof. We will aim to ensure as many as possible have such roofs.
- Normally there will be 2 people per tuktuk, However, when odd number of passengers there may be 3 people per tuktuk.
- The tour also includes walks through markets and temples. Please contact us if you have difficulty walking and we can advise you on the suitabilty.
- If you have special requests or a large group we can customize this tour as a private tour for you .
- WARNING: During the rainy season June to September / October it may rain in the evening. While we can not control it, usually it only rains for a short time. If it is raining we will still have fun in the rain and we are equipped with umbrellas for you!
- The final stop is at the Flower Market from where it is easy to get a taxi or tuk tuk back home or to the nearest station. Note: Until Sept 19 the Final Stop will be in Chinatown.
Note: From Sept 20 this tour will no longer stop in Chinatown. Chinatown will however be included in our Evening Food and Tuk Tuk Adventure instead.
The meeting point is at Krung Thonburi BTS (Skytrain) Station (see map below). We encourage you to take the BTS to the start point to avoid traffic. Full details will be sent upon booking.