Expique is a young and innovative travel
company that aims to create and offer truly experiential and unique travel
experiences in Bangkok and beyond. We take concepts and turn them into niche tourism
products. Our current offering (and brands) include: Bangkok Tuk Tuk Tours and The
Market Experience Cooking School.
We aim to be industry leaders. We want to
create exceptionally great experiences with a strong focus in culture and
sustainability and are looking for exceptionally great people to help make this
happen and who can grow with the company.
“The Market Experience” by Expique is one
of Bangkok’s most unique cooking schools and workshop spaces. It is located
inside Bangkok’s Pak Khlong Talad Flower Market and offers a unique experience.
Expique is looking for a manager for “The
Market Experience” to help us grow and manage our existing offering of Thai
Cooking Classes and workshops, and to launch additional related offerings
including a small & very unique café.
- Responsible for driving the profitability of “The Market
- Manage day-to-day operations of the venue and special events
- Develop new products or initiatives related to F&B and Food
your responsibilities will be to:
Manage day to
day operations of the venue and cooking school
- Manage processes to ensure we operate all activities (cooking
classes, workshops, food retail) in an efficient manner which maximising
the customer experience.
- Provide support for additional tours and activities from
Expique that pass through The Market Experience
- Project manage the execution of special events and activities
- Managing the team which includes cooking instructors and
kitchen assistants (both full time and freelance). This includes training
- Ensure high standards of food safety, cleanliness and hygiene
- Maintain an efficient ingredient purchasing process
- Monitor and manage facilities to ensure everything is an
- Monitor and manage costs
- Help develop and launch additional revenue streams. Initially
this will be through the launch of small food retail outlet within our
- Initiate and manage a series regular events and work with
Expique’s team to promote them.
- Develop partnerships to help grow the business.
- Help position “The Market Experience” and Expique as innovators
and leaders in Food Tourism in Bangkok.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Good command of English
- At least 4 years of experience in a F&B related business.
Ideally in a restaurant, catering or cooking school
- Understanding of best practices in managing an F&B
environment, including hygiene and food management
- Demonstratable experience in hiring, training and managing
- Ability to project manage events from concept design to
managing on the day
- Ability to think on the spot and solve problems
- Creativity and ability to develop unique and creative
experiences that fit our Flower Market location
- A "Can Do" attitude and positive thinking
- A competitive salary and package based on experience
- Performance based bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus
- Leisure travel allowance
- A fun and entrepreneurial working environment
The job is in Pak Khlong Talad Flower
Please send a copy of a CV and covering
letter to email@example.com